Monday, January 18, 2010

Catching Up

We had a great 1st Christmas with you! You slept through most of it,but it was still fun. We spent Christmas morning at grandma and grandpa Hegsted's house. They spoiled you with cute new outfits and some toys. Grandmda gave you a bath after we opened gifts, and I think it was the highlight of her whole day!

Since Christmas everything has been a whirlwind. You are growing like crazy and learning new things every day. Grandma H and I took you to the doctor for you two month appointment on January 13. You had to get shots and it was super sad.
You actaully did pretty well and didn't cry for too long. I did better than I thought I would too...I teared up but didn't fall apart like I thought I might. That day we found out that you weigh 12lbs. 11oz. - you are 23 1/2in. long- and your head is 40cm. You are growing just as you should and you are super healthy. Yay! I just can't believe how big you already are...everyone says that babies grow super fast...but I didn't understand how fast until you came along.
On January 22 we took you to pocatello so that we could all meet little Ashlyn (your future girlfriend).You are only 2 months apart and I couldn't believe how much bigger you are. It's going to be so much fun to watch the two of you play when you are both old enough.
You are getting really good at holding your head up, and this last week you have been trying to laugh. It's so cute! You don't have it down quite yet, but I know that it won't be too long before I get a full blown giggle. You love to have your pants and socks off and just kick...I think it's one of your favorite activities. Today you are wearing your first Pearl Jam shirt, and daddy is so proud!We have been having trouble getting you down for naps lately. You sleep just fine at night, and when you are tired during the day you sleep fine in someones arms....but if I put you down you will only stay asleep for 15 min at the most. It's driving me crazy because you get super cranky if you don't sleep. So for the next week we will be working at getting you down for naps.
I have to go back to work on February 1st, and I'm dreading it. I don't want to leave you, and I feel guilty for leaving you with babysitters. I feel good that it will be family, but it's going to be so hard. We'll see how it works out.
Love-

No comments: