Monday, August 31, 2009

Nursery

We got most of the nusery put together this weekend! It feels so good to know that if you showed up early we would at least have a cute and cozy place for you to sleep. It took papa and I about two hours to get the crib put together (ok...it was mostly dad and I just held parts and handed him tools). As you can see the room started out as a mess, and there were a lot of parts to the crib (not to mention the instructions were terrible). There were a few frusterating moments where we couldn't figure out which piece was which, and we accidentally used the wrong size of screw once, but we got it all put together and we are very happy with it. (I know that this isn't the most flattering picture of your mom, but daddy wanted a picture of you and I by the new crib)
After we got the crib together we started in on the rocker. It was simple and only took about 15 min. Then we headed into town to find an area rug (which we found at Home Depot and we love it) to make your room feel more cozy, and a matress for the crib (I totally spaced that we would need a matress pad..so I'll get that later). When we got home we started to get the whole room put together
It ended up being an all day project, but so far I'm super happy with how it's all turning out. Now we are just waiting on the changeing table, and I need to find a curtain rod to put up the cute striped curtains we bought. It's all coming together and I'm super excited. You should be here in two months to test all of this cute stuff out and I can't wait! It feels so weird though, to open the door to your room and see it as a baby's room....you are really on your way. Hope you love your bedroom!
Love-

4 comments:

Natalie said...

very cute, you have a good taste, I love your french doors, can't wait to see the finished product!!

Anonymous said...

It is really adorable! Patti

Leslie said...

Ash, I love it! It looks so professional. I love the color on both walls. I never would dare go that dark with the brown, but it looks so good. What a fun space Stone will have...and how comfy you will be in there too.

a.eborn said...

Ash! Stone's room so cute! I love it! You seriously need to come help me when my time comes to multiply and replenish the earth!