Monday, September 21, 2009

Shower

Grandma Hegsted threw us a baby shower on Saturday, September 19th. And it was so perfect! She had blue helium balloons tied to stones and set all over the house, there were yummy desserts and refreshments, cute party favors and decorations, and plenty of gifts.....all to celebrate your arival! We played a few games, but my favorite was the one where Grandma wrote a story about daddy and me and how you came to be. The story had the words left and right in it and when the guests heard one of those words they had to pass the gift in their hands in that direction...and when the story was over everyone got to open the gift they had. Some had candy in them..some had home decorations, and a few had just a little bag of stones...I ended up with the bag of stones...weird. The story was really cute, and I'm going to get Grandma to send me a copy so that you can read it some day. A bunch of our favorite people showed up, and everyone brough really nice gifts. There were a lot of clothes (you will be the best and cutest dressed boy in town), Grandma Hegsted made about 5 or 6 super cute and cozy quilts for you, and Grandma Patti got you your travel system (which I love). We also got bottles, bathtubs, a bouncy seat, bumbo, diapers, toys, binkis, and plenty of other things that are going to make our life so nice. After the shower I don't think there is much that i have to go out and get. Everyone was so generous and I'm so grateful! We have so many great friends and an amazing family. I should have pictures of the fun party soon...Aunt Barbara was the photographer so I need to get her to email them all to me.
When I got home from the shower, daddy helped me load everything into the house and then we sat and looked closer at everything we recieved. Daddy was amazedat the load I brough home. And on sunday I sat in your bedroom and organized everything and got most things put away. It was so much fun, and I can't believe that you will be here in about a month! We had a fun party, and now we just can't wait to meet you!
Love-

1 comment:

Leslie said...

How fun! I bet you loved finding the perfect place for everything in his nursery. That is one of the funnest parts (I think) of nesting. That was weird reading "Grandma Hegsted" at the beginning of your post. I just can't picture your parents as grandparents...but the title of "Grandma Hegsted" couldn't be passed to someone better than your Mom!